Safeguard, protecting your type of home. Insurance for your caravan, park home, motorhome. Discover peace of mind with caravan, camper, and motorhome insurance provided by Safeguard. Safeguard provide insurance for caravanners and motorhomers across the UK. In the excitement of planning your breaks, it’s important to take time out to ensure you have the right insurance with a policy to suit your needs.

Touring caravan insurance

Touring caravans make a great alternative to camping and are becoming increasingly popular amongst adventurers young and old, as well as families with young children. Whether you like to keep your touring caravan local or use it to travel around the UK and abroad, Safeguard Insurance can help keep your vehicle protected from risks such as accidental damage, theft or weather-related issues.

Safeguard touring caravan insurance is underwritten by either KGM Underwriting Services Limited, Towergate or Pen Underwriting and includes:

  • New for old cover — Replace caravans up to 10 years old that have been damaged, lost or stolen with a new one of equivalent value. You must insure your caravan for its present-day purchase price as new, or its equivalent model.

  • EU cover — Cover to take your touring caravan to the EU is included as standard. We provide your Green Card.

  • Up to £5m public liability cover — Protection against claims from any accidents you may be involved with while towing your touring caravan. Cover doesn’t include any vehicles being used to tow the caravan.

  • (Optional) Caravan breakdown cover — Available for caravans and trailers with a gross weight of up to 3.5 tonnes.

Why choose Safeguard UK?

  • Over 30 years insuring — Our extensive experience in caravan insurance means we understand what’s important to our customers.

  • At Safeguard, we specialise in caravans and motorhomes, so you’ll get expert help finding the right policy for you.

What does Motorhome Insurance cover?

Safeguard works with a variety of insurers. Depending on the details of your policy Safeguard Motorhome Insurance may include:

  • Motorhome breakdown cover - You’ll get UK and European breakdown cover from the AA included in your policy.

  • Windscreen repair - Unlimited windscreen and body glass replacement cover (Minimum £100 fixed excess applies for replacement, but not for repair).

  • European cover - Your policy will cover you on any EU road trips, 365 days a year.

  • Personal contents cover - Personal belongings (up to a total of £3,000) are covered for fire, theft and accidental damage.

Types of motorhome we cover

At Safeguard, we work with a variety of insurers so that you can get the insurance you need no matter what kind of motorhome you own. 

Here are the types of motorhome that we can typically insure:

  • Classic motorhomes - Enjoy the quintessential British motorhome experience with classic Motorhome Insurance from Safeguard. We can cover a range of classic models, with breakdown cover available. 

  • Campervans - From quirky conversions to vintage Volkswagens, we understand how much your campervan means to you. That’s why at Safeguard, we work to find insurance quotes that give you full coverage should anything go wrong.

  • American RVs - American-style recreational vehicles (RVs) are becoming increasingly popular in the UK thanks to their wealth of interior space and next-level amenities. At Safeguard, our Motorhome Insurance policies can cover even the most luxurious RVs, freeing you to take to the open road in style.

Contact Us